SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Export Data Audit triggers (Copy Triggers)

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools View previous topic
View next topic
Export Data Audit triggers (Copy Triggers)
jhosford

Post Export Data Audit triggers (Copy Triggers) Reply with quote
Is it possible to copy triggers from one schema to the next. e.g., export schema1 to include all objects and then import into schema2. Each schema is identical. I am trying to avoid having to recreate the triggers and enable them manually each time I implement the DB Audit for a new schema (new database).

Also, would like to be able to copy user defined reports for the same reasons. No duplication of effort. I will be using the same triggers, and reports for multiple sites (over 25 currently).

Thanks for any information.
Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:54 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Here is my response to your questions based on the assumption that you are talking about the data-change auditing features

No, you cannot use "copy" method, because all object names must be unique. Secondary each trigger and audit trail table must be registered in DB audit catalog along with the target schema object names. For these reason trying to reverse-engineer scripts is not going to do you any good.

The solution for this problem is to use DB Audit API to automate triggers and settings generation processes. In a simple scenario, small batch file can be created to generate everything automatically for a target database, selected schemas or tables. For more info, please take a look at http://www.softtreetech.com/dbaudit/db_audit_api.pdf
See "Indirect Invocation Using Batch Files"

User-defined reports are stored on the front-end side in reports.dar file. You can simply copy this file to other systems.
Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
jhosford

Post db_audit_api Reply with quote
Are there instructions somewhere that describe the process of creating the jar file dbaudit.jar. I do not have java development experience and would appreciate the information. I created the batch file to setup triggers as specified by the "Indirect Invocation Using Batch Files" step, but when I envoke the scirpt nothing happens.

Thanks,
Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:17 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You don't need to create dbaudit.jar file. This file is provided to users who have licensed the DB Audit API.

Are you confused? How can I help you?
Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
jhosford

Post db_audit_api Reply with quote
It would have been nice to know of the additional license fee prior to attempting all of this. I will have to contact sales I assume to have the api added. Are there any other issues I should know about ?
Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:27 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Yes, please contact sales to find out licensing details.
Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: