SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQL Navigator 5.5

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SQL Navigator 5.5
wve

Post SQL Navigator 5.5 Reply with quote
Hello,
I tried SQL Navigator 5.5 as target. (Windows XP 32-bit)

I got the "unsupported window class" error for the two editor windows.

Target window class: TQuestSynEdit

Is there any workaround ?
Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:27 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'm not sure if I can help you with that. A general workaround is to try entering target's editor advanced options manually. On the Target tab in SQL Assistant options, select Toad for Oracle, and click the little copy button to duplicate it. Rename the target and modify the Advanced options, you will need to expand this group. Change target .EXE name, title, Window class and other things as a required. Save changes and start the target. It might work but there is no guarantee, it all depends on how the editor window is implemented internally and whether it can be hooked using generic target registration methods.
Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:19 am View user's profile Send private message
wve

Post Reply with quote
Hello,
I tried that with the following options

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:13 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
If I understand this correctly, you don't get any errors, but it doesn't work either. Right? Did you set "SQL Assistance Type" option for this target?
Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:20 am View user's profile Send private message
shamax

Post Reply with quote
Hello.

So what's the solution of this problem? SQL Assistant wouldn't work with SQL Navigator for me neither. It says "unsuported window class".

Will it support SQL Navigator? Any suggestions?

Thanx
Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:55 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
SQL Navigator is not currently supported as a predefined target. But there is a chance that SQL Assistant can be configured to work with it.

Do you have Visual Studio or other development tool installed on your system which provides Spy++ or similar utility to explore window classes? You can try some standalone utilities like WinspectorSpy etc...
If you got such utility, please use it to make a screenshot of Window class hierarchy, something like in the attached example. If you can do that, we might be able to suggest how to configure SQL Assistant to work with SQL Navigator.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 am View user's profile Send private message
shamax

Post Reply with quote
WinSpy++ says

and SQL Assistant when pressing Ctrl-Shift-F5 says

and I've configured the next

but SQL Assistant when pressing Ctrl-Shift-F5 keeps saying

You said SQL Navigator is not currently supported as a predefined target. OK then. What about Eclipse? However it's supported, SQL Assistant fails to work with it just like it does with SQL Navigator
Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:51 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
For Eclipse, you need to install SQL Assistant plug-in, which we developed specifically to support the Eclipse Platform. Did you install that plug-in? Is that plugin listed in the Eclipse Installed Plugins list?
Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:19 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We need to see the window hierarchy to say for sure if SQL Assistant can be configured somehow to work with SQL Navigator, not just the window class of the target window. In order words, to say what could be entered in the properties of the target profile we need to know its windows and their hierarchical relationship.

Since you got Spy++, you should be able to see that. Just find SQL Navigator in the windows tree in Spy++ and expand that branch of the tree all the way until you see TQuestSynEdit . Please make a screenshot and attach a picture similar to mine.
Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:24 am View user's profile Send private message
shamax

Post Reply with quote
Yep, I haven't installed the Eclipse plugin. That's my fault I'm sorry.

Here goes the hierarchy of SQL Navigator's TQuestSynEdit window

Looking forward for solution :) Thanx
Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Unfortunately you are out of luck. The hierarchy is ok and the right edit window is picked for the assistance, but TQuestSynEdit class doesn't seem to respond to standard Windows edit messages and as a result SQL Assistant is unable to interact with it.
Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: