SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Explain initial configuration options

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Explain initial configuration options
bcriswell

Post Explain initial configuration options Reply with quote
During the setup I have the option to configure SQL Assistant for a Professional, Developer, or Beginner. I couldn't find an explanation of the differences between the configurations in the manual. Is it in there? Or could you explain the differences?

Bob
Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
This currently affects the initial setup only. Basically this affects which add-ons are installed by default. Future versions are going to use this selection for installation of different SQL Assistant configurations, to save user's time on changing them manually after the initial install. Just as a hint for what I am talking about, for example, some professional developers don't like prompts for keywords and find them rather annoying, they also prefer logical operators in formatted SQL statements to be in front of lines, while .most application developers prefer them at the end as they do it in their application code. So the setup will pre-configure these settings using typical settings for the selected category.
Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: