SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Job Dependencies editor broken

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Job Dependencies editor broken
barefootguru

Post Job Dependencies editor broken Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I've just upgraded from 4.1.255 to 4.1.272

When I click on the Dependencies button or select Tools -> Job Dependencies Editor the screen flickers briefly but the editor no longer appears.

There's nothing in scheduler.log or debug.log

This happens with both my job database and the default one.

Windows XP SP3.
Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That doesn't sound very good. Please try making any change in the properties of any job and save changes to the disk, then restart the scheduler. If that doesn't help, you would need to email your job database file to the support so we can try to reproduce it on our end.
Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
barefootguru

Post Reply with quote
I can e-mail the database but not sure how this can help? As I said it affects the default one too... and also a new one:

1. I create a new job database
2. Create new folder, test
3. Create new job (just hit Finish)
4. Restart 24x7
5. Click Dependencies
6. Screen flickers but no editor
Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Let's assume it is not specific to the job database file and not caused by job settings. It is also not specific to Windows XP SP3 as it works ok on other systems.

So we are down to 2 possibilities:
1. A different version of JRE is used
2. Not all files got updated during the new version install or there are some other incompatibilities.

Both cases are easy to check. Please click Help/About menu in 24x7. In the about box you should see the version of JRE running the software. This is not a proof that all files are the same, but at least it can be used to verify that 1.4.2 is being used. If not, it should be fixed. Second, please try to install the software into a new folder, don't overwrite your existing installation. Start it from that folder and check if you can open the Dependencies Editor in the default job database file.

Please let us know what you get there.
Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I separated this topic from the release 4.1.272 release announcement. Please use this new topic when replying.
Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
barefootguru

Post Reply with quote
OK, I installed 24x7 into a new directory and ran master.bat. I'm running in demo mode (which proves we're running under new settings).

24x7 has opened DefaultJobDB.dat

I click on Dependencies with the same result: the screen flickers but nothing happens.

The About box shows 24x7 4.1 Build 272 running under JVM Version 1.4.2_16-b05
Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It is not yet completely clear, but it appears that on some systems with some versions of the JRE/JDK the behavior of the scheduler builds 4.1.271 and 4.1.272 aren't completely unstable, with several side effects affecting the graphical interface. It also appears that the same builds recompiled using a slightly different version of Java, but also using JDK .4 are good and don't lead to the same side effects. So the conclusion at the moment is that the problem is caused by some Java glitch.

Please download and copy the following file to your 4.1.272 installation

http://www.softtreetech.com/24x7/fixes/jscheduler.jar
Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
barefootguru

Post Reply with quote
Can you check that download link please? The link says .jar but a .zip downloads, and I'm getting messages about corruption when unzipping it.

Edit: never mind, it's Internet Explorer playing silly buggers. Safari downloaded it fine.
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
barefootguru

Post Reply with quote
Cool, the Dependencies editor is working again. Thanks for the fix and prompt response.
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: