SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ora-12154:TNS :could not resolve the connect identifier spec

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools View previous topic
View next topic
ora-12154:TNS :could not resolve the connect identifier spec
manoj12

Post ora-12154:TNS :could not resolve the connect identifier spec Reply with quote
Dear Sir

My oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0 and I have installed DB Tool for oracle software into my local machine.I am getting the below error while trying to connect through DB Tool

Code:

ora-12154:TNS :could not resolve the connect identifier specified

But when I am connecting through PL/SQL Developer I am able to conect the user as well as the password.There is no problem comming in the connecting the user through Pl/SqL Developer.
The issue is coming in the client machine.Let me also tell you that the server is located at different location.
Can you please help me as to how to resolve the above issue.I checked TNSNames.ora the connection is succesful.and I am able to connect through PL/SQL DEveloper.

How I should connect the user through DB Tools for Oracle
Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:15 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You have an issue with your Oracle configuration. Perhaps you have multiple Oracle homes and different tools/programs are using different homes. That's why you can connect from some programs but not from other.
Make DB Tools use the same Oracle home that you use with PL/SQL. On the Connect dialog, there is a little yellow folder button that you can to pick a particular Oracle home directory.

By the way, database journey dedicated entire article to ORA-12115 and how to correct it. You can see it here http://www.databasejournal.com/features/oracle/article.php/3092461
Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:59 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: