SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Maintenance Plan

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Maintenance Plan
bradd

Post Maintenance Plan Reply with quote
I have a couple of questions regarding the maintenance fee and what this covers.

For instance,
v3.0
v3.1.22 - Free with Maintenance or would require upgrade purchase?
v3.5 - Free with Maintenance or would require upgrade purchase?

ie When does the maintenance provide an advantage? Support differences are what exactly?

Perhaps there is a URL describing this, but I could not find it.

Thanks in advance!
Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
bradd

Post Reply with quote
Softree responded to my call quickly and indicated that the maintenance fee is 20% of the purchase price.

Major Upgrades would be v2.x, v3.x, upcoming v4.x etc.

Which is normal, but we all know the games that some vendors play :(

I opted for the maintenance since they believe v4.x will be out within a year and their previous release history supports this timeframe.
Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Upgrades to newest versions require maintenance. By newest versions I mean going from 3.0.x to 3.1.x or to 3.5.x. The maintenance option also covers major version upgrades (2.x -> 3.x -> 4.x). The maintained option provides you with a guarantee that you are going to receive these upgrades at no additional charge. Consider that the cost of the maintenance option is 20% of the license cost, while the cost of a major version upgrade is typically 50% of the original license, assuming that license cost doesn't go up, in which case if could be more. I'm not even mentioning free upgrades to intermediate maintenance releases. Version 4.0 is expected in the autumn of 2008.

Hope this helps. If you have further questions about licensing or need a formal quote, please email to sales.
Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: