SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQL Assistant v3.x User's Guide Errata
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SQL Assistant v3.x User's Guide Errata
Author Message
anildas



Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 69
Country: United States

Post SQL Assistant v3.x User's Guide Errata Reply with quote
SQL Assistant v3.0.23, page 41:

Quote:
If you highlight a portion of the code in the editor, for example, a single SQL statement or a group of SQL statements, and then invoke the SQL Assistant 's Code Formatter function, SQL Assistant formats the highlighter code only.


Should be

Quote:
If you highlight a portion of the code in the editor, for example, a single SQL statement or a group of SQL statements, and then invoke the SQL Assistant 's Code Formatter function, SQL Assistant formats the highlighted code only.
[/u][/b]
Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 6509

Post Reply with quote
Thanks. Your feedback is much appreciated. We will make the necessary correction
Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
anildas



Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 69
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
SQL Assistant v3.0.24, page 9:

Quote:
In case if a connection cannot be joined, SQL Assistant displays Connect to Database dialog, which you can use to enter the required database connection properties.


Should be

Quote:
In case a connection cannot be joined, SQL Assistant displays Connect to Database dialog, which you can use to enter the required database connection properties.


Or

Quote:
If a connection cannot be joined, SQL Assistant displays Connect to Database dialog, which you can use to enter the required database connection properties.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
anildas



Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 69
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
SQL Assistant v3.0.24, page 9:

Quote:
The entered connection properties can be saved for future use so that the next time you use the same editor SQL Assistant can automatically establish the database connection in the background and don't bother you with additional connection prompts.


Should be

Quote:
The entered connection properties can be saved for future use so that the next time you use the same editor SQL Assistant can automatically establish the database connection in the background and not bother you with additional connection prompts.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 6509

Post Reply with quote
Thank you. Your feedback is much appreciated.
Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
anildas



Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 69
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
SQL Assistant v3.0.24, page 9:

Quote:
The popup containing object, schema and database names can appear when you type space character after SELECT, FROM, JOIN, TRUNCATE TABLE, DECLARE, USE, EXEC, EXECUTE, CALL or USE keywords or after database or schema name following by a dot character.

Should be

Quote:
The popup containing object, schema and database names can appear when you type space character after SELECT, FROM, JOIN, TRUNCATE TABLE, DECLARE, USE, EXEC, EXECUTE, CALL or USE keywords or database or schema name followed by a dot character.

Or even better (IMHO)
Quote:
The popup containing object, schema and database names can appear when you type space character after SELECT, FROM, JOIN, TRUNCATE TABLE, DECLARE, USE, EXEC, EXECUTE, CALL or USE keywords. It can also appear after you type a database or schema name followed by a dot character.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 6509

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. Additionally the USE keyword is repeated twice, that should be corrected too.
Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
anildas



Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 69
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
SQL Assistant v3.0.24, page 25

Quote:
Function argument names and the return code are displayed in a different color and provided as hints to help you enter values having correct data types and in the correct order. You should not

Sentence is incomplete.
Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
anildas



Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 69
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
SQL Assistant v3.0.24

The phrase
Quote:
... in case if ...
is used throughout the text. See pages 9, 11, 24, 25, 34, 37, 50, 53, 60, 63, 73, 79, and 83. All should be changed to:
Quote:
If
or
Quote:
In case
as appropriate.
Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
anildas



Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 69
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
SQL Assistant v3.0.24, page 29

Quote:
In the popup list choose the object that you want to target. SQL Assistant will automatically insert as many variable declarations into the code as many columns are available in the chosen object.
Should be something like:
Quote:
In the popup list choose the object that you want to target. SQL Assistant will automatically insert as many variable declarations into the code as there are columns in the chosen object.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
anildas



Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 69
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
SQL Assistant v3.0.24, page 31:
Quote:
If you select an item in the popup and then unselect it, SQL Assistant will automatically removed from the expanded code.
Should be:
Quote:
If you select an item in the popup and then unselect it, SQL Assistant will automatically remove it from the expanded code.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 6509

Post Reply with quote
Thanks a lot. We will take care of these things as quickly as possible.
Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
anildas



Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 69
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
SQL Assistant v3.0.24, page 31:
Quote:
Code Auto-Expansion is available for various SQL code elements, for example to expand the query and add additional columns to the SELECT clause, click after the table name in the FROM part for which you want to add additional columns and press Ctrl+Sapce, or wait for a second or two fro the hint and then click on the hint.
Should be:
Quote:
Code Auto-Expansion is available for various SQL code elements, for example to expand the query and add additional columns to the SELECT clause, click after the table name in the FROM part for which you want to add additional columns and press Ctrl+Space, or wait for a second or two for the hint and then click on the hint.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
anildas



Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 69
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
SQL Assistant v3.0.24, page 31:
Quote:
To get assistance with DDL commands like CREATE TABLE, DROP STATISTICS, ALTER TRIGGER and many other, click near the keywords ...
Should be:
Quote:
To get assistance with DDL commands like CREATE TABLE, DROP STATISTICS, ALTER TRIGGER and many others, click near the keywords ...

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 6509

Post Reply with quote
Thank you. We took care of this issue.
Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:48 am View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:    
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to: 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Design by Freestyle XL / Flowers Online.