SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Failover job db replication

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Failover job db replication
LeeD

Post Failover job db replication Reply with quote
Hi
A previous post suggested that when failover is configured the job db of the master scheduler is replicated to the standby. However, in testing that when I initiate a failover, the standby comes up as master with it's own job database rather than with a copy of the master.

It should do that right? I shouldn't need to manually replicate the job db?
Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You might be confusing job database file name and file contents. The contents of job db should be replicated automatically, as well as settings stored in the registry and config files, yet, the file name could be anything. Is that the case?
Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
LeeD

Post Reply with quote
When the master is up the the left pane in the interface shows all of my custom jobs and folders. When the standby comes up I get all the original example jobs in the left pane. and none of the jobs from the master.
Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'd like to suggest the following: While the master scheduler is running, run the standby in graphical mode. If everything is fine, you should see in the title bar "Standby" word and in the status bar you should see messages like "synchronizing with the master scheduler..." As this is happening, you should see folders and jobs changing on the left hand side of the screen.

Now, stop the master and wait for several minutes until all attempts to resync with master get exhausted. The standby should turn to the standalone mode or master mode and the "Standby" word should disappear from the title. The contents of folders and jobs should remain on the screen as they were before the fail-over event in other words to be them as same as on the master.

Last edited by SysOp on Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
LeeD

Post Reply with quote
That, ironically, is exactly what I've been doing to test this issue :-) The jobs in the left pane change to the default list when the standby is failed over to
Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Is the .DAT file set to read-only by any chance? I wonder why these changes don't get saved.
Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
LeeD

Post Reply with quote
Which dat file should it save to? If I've configured nothing except the failover scenario it should go to example jobs.dat right? It's not read only.
Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It should save to the file with the name displayed in the Standby title bar. Please take a look which files get updated in 24x7 folder during the syncing. File times should change on every syncing.
Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
LeeD

Post Reply with quote
So on the master the normal job db is displayed. On the secondary, the name of the jobdb that was last opened locally is displayed. in the jobs window on the secondary the contents of the master's jobdb is shown, but when failover occurs the contents revert to the last open locally jobdb.
Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
LeeD

Post Reply with quote
The synching doesn't happen at all; I make a change (add a folder and a job) on the master, leave it for an hour (much more than the 180 second synch time set) and the secondary does not visibly update.
Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Which version of 24x7 are you running?

Can you email the job db file from the master scheduler computer to our support email? I want to check if we can reproduce this issue in our lab?
Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
LeeD

Post Reply with quote
3.4.27 windows version. Ok will do.
Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
An enactment has been implemented in 3.4.30 to flush all changes to disk if the replication completes successfully.
Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: