SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Resizing to default WIDTH.

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Resizing to default WIDTH.
hitesh

Post Resizing to default WIDTH. Reply with quote
I have resize the width of SQLAsistant Intelisence window to show the full object name but it is resizing it's width back to it's default width. It seems it is a bug. Pl fix this in next release.
Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:14 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The size of the popup and individual columns is a kind of preset and not remembered between appearances. Please note that there are many different popups with different contents and different number of columns. "Remembering" column and popup width for each type of popup and context is a not an easy thing.

Best I can do is to submit on your behave an enhancement request to implement such feature in some future version.
Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:31 am View user's profile Send private message
hitesh

Post Reply...(Popup width) Reply with quote
Being a developer, i understand that it is not easy to maintain diff width for different poups but what is suggest it to overwrite preset width with user defined width, whenever user re-size poupup window. This correction will definatly help DB developers to view full object name at a glance when typing the code.
Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:35 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We have it in the queue as a potential "enhancement". Looking at the notes attached, I don't think we consider this to be a good approach. There are certain internal dependencies that make it difficult to fix the width. The issue is that the popup width is. dynamic, I mean, it is dynamic-dynamic. As you navigate the list and expand different elements, multiple levels, multiple columns, the widths gets adjusted dynamically. Based on the context, number of displayed columns, their internal width, font used and a number of other factors.

To demonstrate this, the following, type SELECT, after popup appears, using navigation keys, locate a table having very long column names, expand it (arrow right), select several columns (arrow down and right). Now try using this popup aft after FROM or after JOIN and expand theme two. You should see the differences.
Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:12 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: