SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Uninstall experied validation copy

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools View previous topic
View next topic
Uninstall experied validation copy
Lasse

Post Uninstall experied validation copy Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm trying to uninstall an expired validation copy of DB Tools 5.

The uninstall.sql script states that I should "run DB Audit then select File/Data Change Audit/Add-Remove Triggers menu". However, since the validation copy is expired, I'm not able to run DB audit. How would you suggest I uninstall the product? I have tried installing a new copy, but since it is still expired, I'm not able to access the menu.

I'm thinking about reversing the install script, but will this completely remove the product, or should I still run uninstall.sql after uninstalling the objects created when installing?

Best regards,
Lasse Pedersen
Tue May 15, 2007 7:46 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Is that DB Tools or DB Audit? Which software are trying to uninstall? What exactly you want to uninstall, server-side packages (then which packages?) or client side interfaces?

By the way uninstall.sql, as any other .SQL file, can be run in any SQL editor, for example, SQL*Plus.
Tue May 15, 2007 10:12 am View user's profile Send private message
Lasse

Post Reply with quote
It is DB Tools 5.

I have installed the product on the server, and that is both server side and client side products. I wish to remove the interface (no problem, as the software removal tool works perfectelly), and I want to delete everything created by the product in the database. As it seems, by the uninstall.sql, I should run DB audit, and I thought that it meant DB Audit Expert, which I'm able to see in the menu. If that is not the question, then please disregard that part.

I am aware that I can run the uninstall.sql script from SQL*Plus, but I'm just trying to verify if it is sufficient to run that script, or if any other procedures should be followed.

Best Regards,
Lasse Pedersen
Tue May 15, 2007 12:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
uninstall.sql will get rid of all DB Tools, back-end objects and processes, if any are installed by DB Tools. To run this script in SQL*Plus please remove {} brackets.
Tue May 15, 2007 12:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Lasse

Post Reply with quote
OK, thanks for your help. I'll disregard the DB audit comment then

Best regards,
Lasse Pedersen
Tue May 15, 2007 12:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: